Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Going to be a what?

So as most of you know I am an avid whitetail deer hunter. I spend as much time as possible in the field hunting this elusive critter that fry's so well. I am a bow hunter so here in Texas we get to start hunting in September (Hot). I am sweating profusely when I get a text message from Kara. "I think I'm pregnant", not really the way I imagined being told I was soon to be responsible for a life, but it was effective none the less. I suddenly felt like I had a whole apple in my throat, and I must admit, sweat was suddenly not the only liquid running down my face. I called Kara as soon as I gathered my composure and needless to say I was no longer hunting, I was celebrating in the woods!

Kara and I married in July and both decided we wanted children soon because we (I) am getting close to thirty and think it might be a little difficult to toss a football around while using a walker. Ok maybe that is a bit extreme, but Mom and Dad were done having kids by the time they were my age. Some people argue that you should wait several years after you are married before you have children, but I think if you know your spouse is the one for you it doesn’t hurt anything to have children sooner.

So this is my first blog post and I am going to try and keep it updated every week. I am mainly doing this blog for friends and family but also think it might be a good place for me to post things that I find out along this incredible journey that just might help someone else.

No comments: